Rihanna has become one of the biggest stars on the planet.
Everywhere on this earth, people know her name and can recognize her music. But just how big has she made it compared to her music industry counterparts?
Rihanna’s first album was released in 2005 and since then, she has released multiple more and has amassed over 250 million record sales worldwide. She has released hit singles, such as “Umbrella”, grammy-winning records such as Unapologetic, and has even released collaborative hit singles with artists like Eminem, Drake, and Calvin Harris.
Rihanna’s Net Worth
It is estimated that Rihanna’s net worth is currently 600 million dollars. She saw nearly a 400 million dollar growth from 2018 to 2019 when she was at a 210 million dollar net worth. There are even some out there who claim that Rihanna is the richest female musician in the world.
Rihanna’s Music Counterparts
- Madonna – The artist behind “Like a Virgin”, “Rain”, “Vogue”, and “Justify my Love” comes in right behind Rihanna. Madonna is estimated to be worth $570 million. This shows both the star power of Rihanna and the staying power of Madonna since she has been around much longer.
- Celine Dion – The writer of the song that made women cry as they watched a movie about a sinking ship. Celine Dion is estimated to be worth around $450 million. That is not too shabby for the artist that many people can only name “My Heart will Go On” when they think of her.
- Beyonce – This one may come as the biggest shock to many out there. Beyonce and the beehive are usually seen as the top shelf of the music industry. It is estimated that Beyonce is worth around $400 million. “Queen B”, as she is known, is only worth 2/3rds of what Rihanna is worth. A true shocker.
- Barbara Streisand – To some this may be as a surprise, while to others this comes as no shock at all. The biggest surprise here may be that Barbara Streisand is estimated to be worth $400 million – the same as Beyonce. A strong showing for Barbara here.
- Taylor Swift – The queen of songs about ex-boyfriends rounds out the list of highest worth female musicians. Taylor Swift is estimated to be worth $360 million. Not bad at all for the writer of “You Belong with Me”.
The list above proves that Rihanna is absolutely in a class of her own. The music artist from the Barbados is only 32 and is already steps ahead of her counterparts.
The biggest female star in the music industry is undoubtedly Rihanna.
The Caribbean seems to have a knack for turning out music superstars with the likes of Bob Marley, Rihanna, Sean Pual, Shaggy, and Nicky Minaj.
Regardless of where she comes from, Rihanna has shown that she is no fluke and deserves to be on the top of the most successful female music artists.